Update 14th Annual ENETS Conference 2017: Conference APP Launch, Postgraduate Course, Meet the Professor, Nurse Workshop
The 14th Annual ENETS Conference is just 19 days away. The final ENETS Conference Program can now be viewed online. ENETS wishes to highlight the Meet the Professor Session (MtP), which will be taking place on Thursday, 9 March 2017. ENETS recommends the Workshop entitled Surgical Knowhow “Special Tricks”, which will be conducted by Alain Sauvanet and Thomas Steinmüller. Please read more about the conference below.
The ENETS conference program is final. Please view the accredited conference program, which has been granted 16 CME credits by the UEMS - EACCME® by clicking the button below.
The ENETS Conference App is available in the iTunes App Store and the Google Play Store.
Directions to download:
Google Play Store
- Please note that the search for the ENETS App via the Google Play Store will only work if you place “ENETS” (in quotes).
iTunes App Store:
- If you have already installed the ENETS App last year and still see the old event from 2016, you need to download the new event within the app. Please click on the gear symbol in the menu and select “Back to All Events”. Now select the event “2017 / 14th ENETS Annual Conference”. You should now see the current event.
The Meet the Professor Sessions will be offered as breakfast workshops for this years conference on Thursday, 9 March 2017 (7:30-8:30h). ENETS looks forward to the talks and views from a total of 8 experts in their field.
- Speakers: Anne Couvelard, FRA / Günter Klöppel, GER - Workshop 1
- Speakers: Alain Sauvanet, FRA / Thomas Steinmüller, GER - Workshop 2
- Speakers: Barbro Eriksson, SWE / Rajesh Thakker, GBR - Workshop 3
- Speakers: Enrique Grande, ESP / Juan Valle, GBR - Workshop 4
Space is limited. Please register in time.
The first NET Nurse Workshop (breakfast included) taking place on Thursday, 9 March 2017 will be chaired by Elizabeth Quaglia GBR) and Lise Munk Plum (DEN) and covers the following:
- Gastrointestinal symptoms in Carcinoid Syndrome and symptoms related to treatment with Somatostatin analogs.
- Abdominal pain caused by mesenteric fibroses.
- Gastrointestinal symptoms following extensive NET cancer surgery.
- Take home messages will be evidence or best practice in nursing care related to the topics as well as nursing experience from the participants.
At the workshop you will meet NET-nurses, discuss 3 patient cases illustrating gastrointestinal symptoms following NET disease or treatment and their impact on everyday life with NET.
Sign-up soon as there is limited space.
Prof. Martyn Caplin is both PG Course organizer and chairing the 7th Postgraduate Course. He is Professor of Gastroenterology & GI Neuroendocrinology at the Royal Free Hospital and University College London and ENETS Vice-Chairman (former ENETS Chairman 2014-2016).
"The aim is to place emphasis on new advances and how this translates to individual patients including those with complex symptoms and syndromes. ENETS is very happy to have confirmed excellent physicians and researchers representing multiple disciplinary fields as speakers for the Postgraduate Course."
The speakers for the Postgraduate Course Part 2 are introduced below.
Prof. Kjell Öberg is Professor of Endocrine Oncology at the Medical Faculty of Uppsala University and this year's ENETS Life Achievement Award recipient. He will be giving his pro views on Interferon, Is There Still a Role for Interferon in NETs? - YES.
Rocio Garcia-Carbonero is Associate Professor at the Universidad Complutense in Madrid and ENETS PG Chair as well as ENETS Executive Committee Member. She will talk about Overview of Medical Management of Pancreatic
NETs and ENETS Guidelines
Dr. Robert T. Jensen is Chief of the Cell Biology Section, Digestive Diseases
Branch, Diabetes, Digestive and Kidney Diseases of the National Institutes of
Health, USA. His talk will cover Case Studies: Lessons in Gastrinoma.
ENETS - European Neuroendocrine Tumor Society
14th Annual ENETS Conference
c/o Charité - Universitätsmedizin Berlin
Department of Internal Medicine Division of Hepatology
Augustenburger Platz 1
13353 Berlin, Germany
Conference Website: http://enetsconference.org/
Society Website: www.enets.org